Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pinterest Success!

Lately, I have been trying to make new things for dinner. I get bored of what I always make & I had a lot of recipes on my "Recipes to Try" board on pinterest that I just hadn't tried yet. And every time I asked Cassidy what he wanted for dinner, he said he was good with anything. So I finally made him pick some things from my pinterest that looked good and today we ate Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken from www.sixsistersstuff.com

Guys! It was soooo good! I used chicken tenders instead of breasts, so I just kind of made up the number of how many I put in. 8 tenders equals 6 breasts, right? And instead of pre-mixing the sauce, I just layered in on the chicken. Nor did I cook on high for one hour and then put it on low. I just cooked it on low the whole time. And ya know what? It was great. We loved it. I think next time I'll add more Apricot Preserves or brown sugar; the primary taste was more onion-y and we wouldn't have identified it as "Apricot Chicken" without the recipe title, but it was tasty! Both Cass and I liked it and it's definitely a repeat dinner! It was easy and yummy. We'll be making this again sometime! 


1 comment:

  1. Those sisters have a lot of slow cooker meals! I love them!

    ReplyDelete